Advertisement

Brett Ratner, Dustin Hoffman the latest to be accused of sexual harassment, misconduct

Brett Ratner, Dustin Hoffman the latest to be accused of sexual harassment, misconduct
From CBC - November 2, 2017

Film director Brett Ratner and actor Dustin Hoffman are the latest Hollywood figures to be the subject of sexual harassment allegations.

Six women, including actresses NatashaHenstridge and Olivia Munn, have accused Ratner of sexual harassment or misconduct, according to a Los Angeles Times report.

Martin Singer issued a statement Wednesday in which he said the director "vehemently denies the outrageous derogatory allegations" and is "confident that his name will be cleared once the current media frenzy dies down and people can objectively evaluate the nature of these claims."

In the Times article, Canadian actress Henstridgeaccuses the high-profile Hollywood director and producer of forcing her to perform oral sex on him at his New York apartment in the early 1990s when she was a 19-year-old model and had attended a gathering there with friends.

Munn said that while visiting the set of Ratner's After the Sunsetin 2004, he masturbated in front of her in his trailer. Munnhad previously described the incident, without naming Ratner, in a 2010 collection of essays.

The L.A. Times report also describes other encounters where Ratner aggressively pursued actresses, sometimes following them into a bathroom.

An extra on Rush Hour 2named Eri Sasaki said Ratner suggested he would give her a line in the film if she slept with him.

Police were not contacted about any of the incidents, nor did they result in financial settlements.

Ratnerdirected theRush Hourfilm series,RedDragon,X-Men: The Last StandandTower Heist. More recently, hisproduction companyRatPacEntertainment has a $450-million US film co-financing pact with WarnerBros. films, which includes this year's hitWonder Woman, andrents officespace on its lot.

Dustin Hoffman apologizes

Advertisement

Continue reading at CBC »