Advertisement

Kevin Spacey's career is over: Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston

From BBC - November 9, 2017

Bryan Cranston says he thinks Kevin Spacey will never work again after claims of sexual assault.

"He's a phenomenal actor, but he's not a very good person," the Breaking Bad star tells Newsbeat, "his career now I think is over."

Mr Spacey is being entirely erased from his new film because of allegations, dating from the 1980s to last year.

Bryan claims he has never personally seen abuse in Hollywood, but "you know it has gone on".

"There's a disorder among all those people who use their power, their place or their status in any industry to overpower someone and force someone to do something that they do not want to do," he says of the many Hollywood allegations that have emerged.

"It's beyond disgusting. It's almost animalistic," says the 61-year-old, who is currently starring in Network at the National Theatre in London.

"It's a form of bullying. It's a form of control. It's almost always [done to] young vulnerable men and women who are starting their career.

"That sort of experience goes unchecked until something like this happens."

Kevin Spacey's career has tumbled since the first allegation of sexual advances were made by actor Anthony Rapp on 30 October.

Anthony Rapp says the actor tried to seduce him when he was 14, and Mr Spacey was 26.

Advertisement

Continue reading at BBC »