Advertisement

Tom Petty Died of an Accidental Drug Overdose, Coroner Says

From TIME - January 20, 2018

Tom Petty died of an accidental drug overdose, the Los Angeles County Coroner said Friday.

The office said that a mix of fentanyl, oxycodone, temazepam, alprazolam, citalopram, acetylfentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl caused the singer to go into multisystem organ failure, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The Coroners office noted that many of the drugs are found in prescription medications, and Pettys family added on his website that the musician was suffering from various injuries and sicknesses in a statement signed by his wife Dana Petty and his daughter Adria Petty.

Unfortunately Toms body suffered from many serious ailments, including emphysema, knee problems and most significantly a fractured hip, the family said in the statement.

Advertisement

Continue reading at TIME »