Advertisement

'Our Last Shot.' Natalie Wood Investigation Could Be Drawing to a Close

'Our Last Shot.' Natalie Wood Investigation Could Be Drawing to a Close
From TIME - February 5, 2018

(LOS ANGELES)Detectives hope the latest round of renewed interest in the mysterious 1981 death of actress Natalie Wood will bring forward new witnesses, but this may otherwise be the end of the investigation, a Los Angeles County sheriffs official said Monday.

Were doing our last shot here, seeing if anybody else comes forward with any information, Lt. John Corina said at a press conference.

Wood was found floating in the ocean during a Thanksgiving weekend yachting trip to Catalina Island with her husband, actor Robert Wagner, actor Christopher Walken and the boat captain. Her death was initially classified as a drowning.

The case was reopened in 2011 and after a subsequent news conference more than 100 people came forward with information that helped re-create the timeline, but that had reduced to a trickle for the last year and a half, Corina said.

When the tips all dry up, then I guess we move on to the next case, he said.

Corina said it remains a suspicious death investigation and not a murder case and that Wagner is a person of interest.

Advertisement

Continue reading at TIME »